Thursday, January 7, 2010

Looking Back at History




I look back at history
What do I see?
the time of joy
and a time the heart grew sad
I saw a time when circumstances brought tears
And a time when they brought laughter
I saw a time when tomorrow went dim for despair
And a time when the corner was way out of sight
a time when standing in the valley
One wept for the peak
And a time when at the peak one wondered
“There is nothing here”
I saw a time when blinded by the immediate
One plunged the fall
The time when the best of one was not enough
Then the time when lack rose at A51
And a time of abundance at F41
I saw a time when heart failed for want of faith
And a time when joy filled a heart
Alas , the times when the best of times
 where the worst of times
when meaning looked meaningless
and a time when in brokenness
meaning was found
a time when giving ones best brought cheers
and a time when it got one stoned
the times one gave and the times one took
then the day for love
times when the love of God
was all one knew
a time when chains had to fall
and men became
then a time to love
and love one did
and did!
Should one caption the sight
It would be that in history
I saw people;
Mentors, teachers, and colleagues
Family, friends and foes
In history I saw myself
And the Hand of God
Should I say my best
It would be that He factored it all
The best of times and the worst of times
He factored it all
So at twice a dozen and one
I could face boldly
Face uncertain tomorrow
Because of a certain He
If I should fall
He knew of it
I pray I won’t
For the much I can’t understand
He factored them all
I look back
I see God.
And in Front
The Almighty Himself.
At a certain age
One better be sure.
For destiny calls
And I had bid the call.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback