Tuesday, March 16, 2010

THE SEEKER AND BEAUTY UNTOLD



It is the soul of the faith
An ambassador’s honour
A soldier’s cause and a martyr’s tale
The best of news for society’s rum
And the eureka of her cream

A rooftop’s tale, told by the stairs
Freely received, often sold for money
The bleeding heart of a giver
The fugitive is loved
Pardon has been given

A life lived, judgement deserved
Death by crucifixion, two for company!
A groaning saviour? Or a mock king?
A forlorn wish and a surprise reply
Paradise today, not tomorrow!

Bleeding hearts or a battered mind
An infirm body or an abused one
A prodigal son and a waiting daddy
Breaking news; the seeker is sought!
Paradise today, not tomorrow!

 =============================
THE HOUND OF HEAVEN
I fled Him, down the nights and down the days;
  I fled Him, down the arches of the years;
I fled Him, down the labyrinthine ways
  Of my own mind; and in the mist of tears
I hid from Him, and under running laughter.
........................................ ,..................................
Halts by me that footfall;
  Is my gloom, after all,
Shade of His hand, outstreched caressingly?
  "Ah, fondest, blindest, weakest,
  I am He Whom thou seekest!
Thou dravest love from thee, who dravest Me."

Francis Thompson (1859-1907)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback